Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's been a bit.

I know. It's been a bit since I blogged, and you miss me. I understand. Well I'm still working on the book, sort of. Procrastinating STILL and using my current lack of my favorite Swisher Sweets as an excuse not to edit. (Maybe in protest?) I'm used to having them when I edit. I'm broke, and my hubby's still looking for work. What else... A friend of mine has been sick but is getting better. I'm hoping another friend of mine is going to let me watch her son, who's a really sweet and awesome kid, for some much needed under-the-table money. (And I'm usually nervous around kids, but he's THAT good a kid!) Waiting on an answer and being patient. Can't rush this kind of thing. Speaking of money, I finally verified my husband's account so I could possibly make some money from this blog through AdSense. God do we need it. We did finances and most all of my SSI money coming in next month is all going out on bills, and paying back a good friend who helped us out mid-August when we were out of food. You know who you are. Thanks for saving the day again. Um...stuff to talk about, stuff to talk about. I just finished the sixth season of my absolute fave show Dexter, (LOVED IT!) and I'm getting caught up on True Blood. I'm in the beginning of its second season. I like it so far. Yes, I know, behind on the times, how dare you not have seen True Blood till now, yada yada fangbanger yada yada Sookie... And DAMN is Lafayette fine as hell! What else? Oh, I'm really getting good at drawing on my Nintendo DS Flipnote Studio. Was never really good before it, but I've made a good few flipbooks since I got it, and I've been doing more drawing on it lately, a lot of it blind contour like this: 
A pretty pretty dancer in her yard...or a man falling on spikes....or someone crowd surfing...

So anyway, I enjoy it and I'm getting better. But I can't put them directly on Facebook from my DS, (it can't connect to WiFi for some reason I can't figure out...) so I have to snap a cellphone pic of each one, upload it to facebook through my phone, save the image to my comp, delete the photo from Facebook and re-upload it in an album I made for these ON Facebook. For such good artwork, (for a beginner,) it sure is a pain in the ass. But it's fun. You can check the rest of them out on my Facebook. I'm sitting here at 1:34 am beating myself up for being so gung-ho about the book editing in my last post, and then having really nothing done. I have deduced through the little bit I did do, that my updated list of my best poetry going in Strangely Wonderful is 235, (YIKES! There is no way they're reading through all of that and giving me anything,) and that I have to whittle that list down to 120 at the most. 115 will not make the cut. This is....American Poet! (Cue music, Ryan Seacrest steps out,) "Hello folks and welcome to American Poet! 235 brilliant works of poetry are waiting anxiously in the wings to find out which 120 will go on to publication, and a chance at the prestigious Walt Whitman Award, and which 115 will stay on Bear's computer and Facebook profile, doomed to a life of mediocrity and sub-par note commenting." You get the point. 16 days from now is the new deadline if I want to get it in early. I don't think I can do 16, but the real deadline is when it ends: November 15. A month from then. I just said Sept 15 because I wanted to get it in early. And I still do. But even the gods need help sometimes getting me off of my ass and going for it. (Oooh he's referencing the last blog post!) So give me some motivation! As of yet, there is nothing of the sort on my wall. Do it! Not a friend? Send a request! Anyway this is all for not if I don't actually do the thing I set out to do. I need a Red Bull. I need an investor. I need MY CIGARS!!! No, what I really need, (not holding my breath for an investor for real,) is motivation. And that Red Bull wouldn't hurt. Cigars wouldn't either... Dammit stop it Bear. You know what I really need? A room. To sequester myself, which means changing my sleep schedule so I can go in my room mate's room during the day to work on it, as we are in the living room on an airbed. No complaints. But that's what I have to do. So I've been trying to straighten it out but to no avail. Still gonna keep trying. I know you're rooting for me. I know you believe in me. I know you have a dollar. Ahem. Cough Cough. Ceremony fund. http://www.gofundme.com/11d478 Yes I'm still plugging. And I'm still writing. A lot of stuff I still haven't posted because it's so long in my notebook, and I'm still not sure I'm done with one of them. Anyway, that's the update. I'm headed to bed. I know this isn't the most interesting blog and I didn't really put a lot of pics in it:

THERE! YOU HAPPY? Yes, I drew that, and NO, I'm not ashamed! My art has MEANING! It's a penisface!!! 
See this is what happens when a guy like me stays up too late on these things. I tend to do...weird stuff...for fun. What can I say, I'm a weird guy. Who really needs those goddamn Swisher Sweets little peach cigars that for the life of me, I can't find in Dallas! Oh, one more thing, did I mention this same weirdo is going to be a greeter at his church, and be in the theater ministry as well as provide his editing and proofreading services to them? (That's right, I'll edit your shit for free to procrastinate from doing mine for possible money. Crazy!) Yeah, church is gonna love me...until they see this blog. Take it easy folks! 


Ok, what the hell? It's me and...a bunch of...mutant...me's??? What a weirdo...

2 comments: