Taken immediately after we were pronounced husband and flamer. I love him!
So in the last post, I mentioned briefly the fact that I got married this past February. Randy is the best. We have been together a year and almost six months, (24th will be six months,) and we got married a year to the day of when we first started dating. Early, I know, but I'll explain that later. We went up to D.C. and had a great adventure trying to survive traffic and make sure that marriage date happened, (it almost didn't,) but we really didn't ever get to have a ceremony. When we moved to Dallas and began attending the amazing Cathedral of Hope, we found out about the beautiful Interfaith Peace Chapel: http://interfaithpeacechapel.org/and the fact that they do wedding ceremonies. They have a discount for members, which soon we'll be, but the price is still about $1,400. So I started a gofundme account, http://www.gofundme.com/11d478 and already, a friend of ours donated $5.00. I understand you don't know us from adam, so feel free to get to know us via facebook and this growing blog, but even a dollar helps. If you're anti-gay marriage, I know I'll probably lose some readers saying this, and I'm glad, but please fuck off. I don't want to hear it. Randy, (and I promise to do a whole blog about this man,) is amazing and the first person to ever love me completely and wholly in a romantic way. He accepts every weird and twisted thing about me, and I love him for it. He's still looking for work out here, and we came out on a wing and a prayer. I'll discuss that whole situation in the Randy post. Look at me, already two posts in and both of them so full of promise and procrastination! And yet I'm posting again! We'll get there, eventually. What else? Umm, twitter. I post enough on there but don't really get on it very heavily. Here's the link: https://twitter.com/bearthepoet. Anyway, I got up writing when I finally woke up. Last night I stayed up til 6 in the morning talking to someone on Facebook. The piece turned out good. The link is below. I hope you understand this donation thing really isn't about money, and yes, all the money is going to exactly that. Everyone who donates gets an invitation out of courtesy. No money? No worries. I know how that is, as I am there a LOT. Go do something you love. Have fun. Learn something new. Cheesy inspirational quote here: "Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray." --- Rumi. But in all seriousness, Rumi is the shit, and I encourage you to check him out. He'll surprise you for a guy who lived 1400 years ago. Wow I didn't even mean to do that, but there's that number again! Whoa! Now that's just plain freaky.
No comments:
Post a Comment